Thread: Triggering (SH): Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!?
View Single Post
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38 Points: 70,932, Level: 38

Re: Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!? - April 11th 2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingardium27 View Post
Hey

Thanks for all the support - everyone here has been wonderful so far in helping me out.

Wow, your situation sounds so similar to mine! My friend was also apparently in tears when she told the teacher because she knew about the self harm (saw me cut myself a couple of times) and thought I might be suicidal (even though I'm not). My mum is in school on Monday (she works there as an exam invigilator) so it might be a face-to-face meeting instead of a phone call. It just keeps getting better and better (sarcasm).

My mum had depression after I was born, although she has never self harmed or been assaulted. My dad thinks it's all in my head and I need to pull myself together and get over it. He also thinks I should've miraculously 'gotten over it' by now because it's been over two months since the assault happened. So my mum is definitely more supportive than my dad, even if none of us are particularly close.

I'm hoping you're right - maybe it just has to get worse before it can get better.

Thanks - feel free to message me if you need anything as well :

Siobhan
Hello again

I'm glad you've found the site helpful! That's always good to hear.

Our situations do sound familiar! I just wanted you to know I've been thinking of you and hope it's all gone well. But please, if it hasn't or you just need to talk about it, do so. We're here

’Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light.’

Big sis, always and forever, 15/04/2018