View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
mahianreed Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,286, Level: 9 Points: 4,286, Level: 9 Points: 4,286, Level: 9

Unhappy My parents are way too strict and controlling.. - April 15th 2016, 09:07 AM

I'm a 17 (almost 18) year old girl and I live at home with my waaay to strict parents. I go to school and that is the only thing they care about; I have to study all day and night and if I fail a test, they'll block my bank card, etc. I'm not allowed to be on my phone for more than 30 minuts a day and they check everything. I'm not allowed to choose my own friends (she chooses them for me based on intelligence, race and gender) and she doesn't let me hangout with them. If she does, I'm only allowed to hang out with them within 1 mile in my house and not at their house for example. All my friends party but I'm not even allowed to talk about it. If I have my phone with me, they check my location every minutes. Sometimes they even follow me to where I go. Whenever I go outside, even if it is just the supermarket, they smell my breath to see if I drank any alcohol or smoked or anything.

They don't even let me choose what school I wanna go to, or what I wanna study. My dad often tells me that 'If I don't become a doctor, he will never talk to me again and pretend I'm not his daughter'.

Besides that they constantly swear and yell at me and often hit me. They tell me they wish I was dead and that I am just a disaster in the family. And that I am not worth more than garbage. I try not to give a shit about these words, but I do.

I also have bad anxiety and sleep problems but my mom doesn't even let me see a doctor for it because she doesn't want me to get prescribed medicine. (She doesn't even let me take ibuprofen when I don't feel good, or melatonin when I can't sleep..)

I really don't know what to do now