Thread: Triggering (SH): Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!?
View Single Post
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Wingardium27 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Siobhan

Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10 Points: 4,960, Level: 10

Re: Teacher Knows and Is Telling Parents!? - April 16th 2016, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painted_Black View Post
i'm so glad it went well for you, and it's awesome that they're being so supportive and understanding of it.

when my parents went through my phone back in november, they saw pictures of my cuts (i was obsessed with blood and liked to see if i could find the scars later when they healed... it was a problem. )
they didn't say a single word about it, and instead punished me terribly for everything else that was on my phone.

and recently my PE teacher (who is like a personal counselor for me, i go to him to talk about a LOT of things) was teaching us how to play volleyball and i didn't want to hold my forearms out all the way, so when he was walking around making sure we were all doing it right he grabbed my wrists and straightened out my arms.
his thumb was literally on my cuts (they were closed up by then, though) when he started to ask if i ever got an injury on my arm or something.
i thought he was talking about the scars, so i started telling him i was just playing with my cat and it scratched me, but he just interrupted me and said, "no, i mean did you ever break your arm to where you can't stretch it out all the way?"

so i don't know if he saw them (it was sunny out and my arms are hella white so it might've been too bright to see them, but he was wearing sunglasses) or if he just didn't want to address it but yeah.
that's the closest i've come with teachers and parents. my closest friends know, but they know that trying to get me help would make my home life that much worse so they just try to help me themselves.
Hey! Thanks

I'm so sorry about your situation. Your parents really ought not to punish you for your coping method or what's on your phone - if that's their way of showing their disapproval, they're probably only going to make it worse. Have you tried bringing it up since (either in person or by email/letter, if that's less awkward)? It might be a good idea if you do if you still self harm - they just might not know how to approach you about it or what's on your phone.

Your situation sort of sounds similar to mine, except the teacher knew for certain. She's kind of like a personal counsellor for me as well, or a combination of a mother-older sister-best friend (essentially someone I trust entirely). That must have been awkward, though! If you really do trust him, maybe you could tell him? He might be able to help you out and offer you the support you need. I also understand the 'hella white arms' thing

At least you've got some support from your friends - that's always something! I just hope your home situation improves so you can get any additional outside help you might want/need. Feel free to message me if you need anything or just want to rant
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.