View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

"Bullies" at work - April 30th 2016, 04:05 PM

Ok don't get me wrong, I am not "normal"; I'm quirky, chatty, and can possibly come across as spacey, but I'm overall friendly and work hard and all that.

But like for whatever reason, I feel like people at work are pretty much bullying me (I don't know what else to call it - it's just general negative behaviour directed at me), like in catty/ exclusionary way. I caught one of the managers was making faces at me behind my back, this one girl is always really rude to me, and a third person is always super rude too. It's to the point that I avoid these people at all costs and am afraid to be in situations where they'll see me doing anything because they'll be mean. I've even had multiple customers comment on the one girls negative behaviour.

I don't know if it is "bullying" or not, but it's definitely really negative.

This fourth lady has started sounding really annoyed whenever I address her just because I'm letting her know I have to leave our department for another department for other duties or I'm asking a question or whatever.

I've been spending days wondering what I am doing wrong and wondering why people treat me like this when I see them being decent, nice, friendly and/or respectful to other people. It confuses me when they're nice one minute and being horrible the next. Even if they find me super annoying, being rude/mean to me (even if it is behind my back) isn't making them the better person, it just makes them an asshole. To me, even if I come across as a little socially awkward / clueless, that's just innocent personality stuff, them being rude / mean actually hurts so, so I'd like to beg to question who's really the fuck up in this situation, but nonetheless...

I'm also at the point where I really want to move up in the world, especially because I've come to realize that this kind of negative behaviour is inflated in retail positions; at least in a corporate, non-profit or public service position, I would have the power to go to someone and say "I am being treated like this, I just want you to be aware, please advise me on how to deal with it, if it continues, I may need to ask you to take some kind of action". I'm starting to question if something is wrong with my behaviour that will be a problem in future jobs BUT anyone who knows me seems to like me; like tons of people think that I am a decent person.

Yes, super talkative but also kind of quirky in an amusing way, obviously really smart, and obviously nice and thoughtful. I've noticed that there is a certain "type" of person who seems to take issue with my personality, I have no idea why; probably because I am not a quiet person? I have no idea. In any case, just thought I'd see how y'all deal with assholes when you have no power to stop them.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Last edited by Always *; April 30th 2016 at 05:04 PM.