View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Lionheart Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Oliver

Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15 Points: 10,960, Level: 15

Re: Dealing with being that awkward loser at school - May 3rd 2016, 05:56 PM

Hey there

Just because you're quiet doesn't mean you're a loser. A lot of people are quiet but smart and wonderful people.

Someone once told me that because I'm always so quiet people always shut up the second I start talking, because they want to know whats on my mind. It's because if you're quiet you often don't give people much information about yourself. They don't know what to think about you, so everything you say is twice as important to them, because they don't have much more about you.
That's why they look. Because we always look at what interests us.
If they exchange looks and look away, well there's many different reasons for that. One could be, that they just don't know what to say to that or how to answer. It simply means, they don't know how to react, which isn't necessarily bad. It doesn't make you a loser, maybe a bit awkward, but that's ok. We all are sometimes

What I think is important though is, that you don't try to be "normal". You can't change who you are. You maybe can change your behavior, or the way you dress, even the way you talk, but if it doesn't fit your character then people will notice. If you're uncomfortable people will feel it, even if you act like you are not and then everything will be more awkward.
Not saying you can't try to something new and see how it works for you, but if it's not who you are, you shouldn't keep it up. It's ok to speak up more and try to fit in more, but don't adapt any behavior that makes you feel bad. It will backfire sooner or later.
Being a bit awkward is ok. Most people feel it at times, even those that don't seem to. Everybody has their little quirks and weird habits and that's what makes you and everyone else so amazing and unique So embrace it

It's ok to give in to an urge or make a mistake. You are only human and we all have our flaws. We all have our weak moments and we all make mistakes. Thats what makes us human.
Thats what makes us unique and beautiful

Courage isn't always a loud roar. Sometimes it is a quiet whisper at the end of a day saying: Tomorrow I will try it again!