(#2 (permalink)) Old
Fallingforyou Offline
#radpenguin
Average Joe

Name: Leonie

Points: 5,327, Level: 10 Points: 5,327, Level: 10 Points: 5,327, Level: 10

Re: Boyfriend getting close to female friend - May 25th 2016, 09:19 PM

Hey there!

You don't have to apologize for the length of your post, it actually makes it easier to understand your situation and I see why it bothers you so much.

First of all, I think it's impressive that you and your boyfriend have been for together for more than a year and a half, even though it wasn't always easy. Most relationships between teenagers that I know of don't last that long and I believe that if you can make it this far, you must really have a connection and it's worth a lot to have such a person in your life

To me it seems like that's also the reason why you are jealous, which is fine, because if you weren't it's almost like you didn't care if he chose someone else over you. I'm sure you both trust each other very much, but it can be hard when the person you are in a relationship with is also close to someone else of the opposite gender. At the beginning you said that your boyfriend went to a private school with not a lot of people to talk to and that's probably why him and A became friends in the first place. We all act different around the people we see on a daily basis and those we only get to meet on certain days, but that doesn't mean that we appreciate the second group any less. It's difficult to explain, but what I really want to say is that you should try to trust your boyfriend with differentiating between female friends and his girlfriend and if he really can't it's completely okay for you to point it out to him

Another thing I have noticed is that some people are easier to talk to in real life whereas in text they are extremely reserved, so I doubt it has anything to do with you guys not having to say anything to each other anymore. I realize that's only a small part of the problem, but it might calm you down a bit and please don't worry too much about it

Hopefully this could help a little and I wish you and your boyfriend all the best for the future

Hakuna matata - it means no worries for the rest of your days.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.