View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
BLAGHT Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 6,982, Level: 12 Points: 6,982, Level: 12 Points: 6,982, Level: 12

People With Depression - What Kind of Humor Do You Have? - May 25th 2016, 10:51 PM

Hey. If you're a moderator, feel free to move this. I just thought that because it isn't really asking for advice, I was just posting here...

Ok, so I love "offensive" humor. From YouTube, to iFunny, to whatever websites there are, comedians, TV/movies, and real life jokes. I noticed that a lot of the jokes I find kind of imply that the poster has depression. For example, I have seen things saying; "I post edgy memes to hide the fact that I have crippling depression". That's just a lighter example, I don't want to get too dark because I don't want a "Trigger Warning" on my thread

And when I see people either joking about themselves having depression, or just a joke about something dark (suicide, murder, racism, sexism, etc...) I laugh at it. I have bad depression and I have had multiple suicide attempts, but I don't get triggered at all! I know it's a joke, and I laugh! Even a few of my friends know that I joke about my dog that got ran over, and I joke about my suicide attempts. I let them joke a little, too!

I just get triggered when it is being used as an actual insult or I am seriously being told to kill my self. That is pretty rare, too. I need to be ganged up on when people insult me. One or two people can do it, and I just use a smart-ass response to piss them off. I just can't handle 5 or 6 people yelling at me all at once.

I want to ask others if they laugh about dark-humored jokes. How much is too much when it comes to offensive jokes? And how easy are you triggered?

Last edited by obelus; May 28th 2016 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Moving to Chit-Chat forum :)