View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: People With Depression - What Kind of Humor Do You Have? - May 25th 2016, 11:03 PM

I have a pretty dark sense of humor, and I use it to get anger out, particularly at the people who abused me. I use humor to get through my days because laughing is better than crying, however, my dark sense of humor isn't really aimed at anything or anyone else. The rest of my humor is a little different. I laugh at myself and joke with my family all the time (mainly inside jokes). While I can laugh at myself I don't laugh about other people or their experiences.

I don't like jokes about depression, suicide, self-harm, and especially rape or abuse, or anything else that is serious and upsets other people. Sometimes jokes go too far and I've known a few people who have actually used joking as a way to be rude and passive aggressive. They think they can get away with it because they're just "joking" when they aren't. So I do think some things go too far.

How easily I am triggered depends on the day itself because things change a lot for me and it depends on the content. If I'm already upset about something, I am likely to be easily upset about something else but if I'm not I'll be okay. I can hear people's stories for the most part without being upset and I tend to think that I have a high tolerance for it.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers