View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 14,234, Level: 17 Points: 14,234, Level: 17 Points: 14,234, Level: 17

Re: Doctor says I'm a little underweight but I can take advantage of this and build muscle how do I build muscle like what do i eat etc - June 8th 2016, 09:44 AM

Hello!
well, I would recommend around 30 minutes of cardio. Since your goal is muscle building, go for short interval training rather than long training sessions.
With the weights, split the week into "days". One day is to rest. Others, should be arms, chest, legs, abs and back. Start with body weights, such as pushups, pullups, crunches, plank, dips, sit ups. And do light weights, such as bicep curls, tricep extension, bit of the bench press. Keep the weights light, because you can cause serious injury if you take it too high too soon. Also, have an experienced person check your posture to avoid injury. That is a good starting point.
Depending on how your body adjusts, increase the intensity, but only after 2-3 weeks in my opinion.
Avoid doing the same muscle group consecutively. Muscle becomes bigger after it gets some rest.

Now to the Diet. Protein is like, chicken, turkey, fish etc. Since you are trying to avoid putting on fat, I'd say stick to fish, turkey and chicken breast (thats my order of preference). Avoid frying food, rather grill, steam, or boil it. Milk has protein too, and I find it to be very helpful when i work out. I would say eat protein for two meals. EG: A chicken sandwich for lunch, and grilled turkey and rice for dinner. That sorta thing. If you toss in milk thats great! Also, if you dont want to eat rice for dinner, you can swap it for qunoia (hope I spelt it right).
Don't forget to have carbs. Your body needs energy too. So make sure those go in.
Hope this helps.
Best of luck with the workout mate.