View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: What are your thoughts on Hs/college relationships? - June 9th 2016, 06:27 PM

Most high school relationships won't survive. Like it's going really well if you date a guy / girl / human longer than 3 months. But some last for years - 2 friends of mine (4 total) even married their high school sweetheart. I just think that people in high school take a slightly different approach to dating than adults and it can be harder to bring the same level of maturity to the table just because of where you're st in life and that's ok. So yes relationships in high school are ok.

As for high school to college, that depends. If the relationship began before the older person started college, it's ok. If not, it's not that it's ethically wrong if it's a small age gap but it's also a big maturity gap. Most people I know grew up a ton after their first year of university, but I also know tons of people who just didn't and stayed much more immature than myself all through college. So I could easily see one person going off to college and just wanting something different than what their still-in-high-school person wants.

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions