View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Weed for a week for anxiety - June 11th 2016, 03:35 AM

Disclaimer: This is MY experience with low doses of weed. MINE. Weed doesn't affect everyone the same. I am not condoning it for everyone else.
I decided to microdose with marijuana this week; take one hit, 3 times a day, morning, afternoon, and night. It's not enough to get high, but I might feel a light to moderate buzz. And my God, have I been happy. Like, real happy. For five days straight. By all means, this probably would have been an average week otherwise, but it was the most cheerful, productive week that I can remember. I've been really energetic, and I haven't had to take my usual two naps during the day. Just one small nap if I was feeling a little more buzzed than I wanted. My weightlifting is going great, I smoked before lifting today and I was putting up more weight and more reps, and I don't even feel sore. School is somehow going better too. I'm participating more and I'm focusing better. I even broke my streak of failed quizzes this week for one of my classes. And I've been getting all my work done within the average human workday because I've stopped procrastinating. I'm sure my renewed sleep stability is contributing to my happiness, because my sleep schedule was a complete mess before.
I wanted to try this out to see if it would help with my social anxiety. It's definitely done half the job, because while I don't feel anxious, I still don't know how to talk to people. But I am pretty loose.
I want to know what the negative effects of this could be. None of the negative effects I expected are occurring, just the opposite in fact. But I don't want to put myself in an echo chamber where I essentially worship a plant and forget to look at negative effects.

Please don't link me to a government website. They have a vested interest in keeping it illegal and arresting people (Nixon said, black people and hippies). If there's gonna be a link, I'd prefer it be to a prestigious university or something like that that's in it for the research.