Thread: Triggering (Abuse): Past Assault
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Morpheus Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: M

Past Assault - June 12th 2016, 03:53 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of rape or abuse, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have been feeling terrible about some sexual assault that happened to me in the past. It happened in 2014. I never reported it. I didn't have the self esteem to feel like I didn't deserve it, so I just let it happen and then I didn't do anything about it. Ever since, I've felt so wrong for not reporting it. I suppose part of why I didn't was because I felt like he would twist the story (he did that with another issue that had police involvement and everyone sided with him because I was using drugs at the time and they labelled me as not being able to know what accurately happened because of that, even though I knew what had happened). I feel terrible. He was also physically abusive towards me. Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be complaining or I try to convince myself that it never happened.