Thread: Triggering: Depression
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Depression - June 22nd 2016, 02:01 AM

Hey Jordan,

I don't know if I have much insight in regards to help you beat this but I do think you will get to a better place. I have been following your blogs and I hope you have been seeing some of the comments I have been leaving.

I think that you are doing everything right though and taking care of yourself, especially when you are struggling so much is impressive and shows how strong you are.

Something that helped me come out of a depressive episode (it was pretty severe and my therapist was talking about residential) was volunteering. I went through a few different volunteer opportunities before I found one that worked for me and stuck but it helped immensely. Maybe this is something that would help you? For me, having something that I was committed to for two hours one night of the week for six weeks seemed to help.

I think that talking to your psychiatrist about this and seeing what she has to suggest might help as well. I read your blog so I know you plan on calling her tomorrow. It might be that the hospital taking you off some of your medicine's has gotten you even more out of whack but it might be something else.

I know this has been going on for seven months but it can turn itself around. It can take quite a bit of time for that to happen though.

Is there anything you love doing? I know you don't have a lot of motivation but maybe if you did some simple things that bring you joy you'd feel something again? I know feeling numb has been a big issue for you recently.

I don't know if that helped but I am here if you ever want to talk.