View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Lizzie Offline
Volunteering Officer
Outside, huh?

Name: Lizzie

Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26 Points: 32,471, Level: 26

Re: I get jealous of my boyfriend. How can I get over this? - June 25th 2016, 01:08 PM

Hey!

Do you hang out with him and his friends sometimes? I don't see anything wrong with you asking to tag along every now and then. You two have been together for quite some time and joining him with his friends doesn't seem out of place. Everyone needs their own time and space, so don't ask all of the time, but occasionally going with him doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

You say that the friends you have rarely ask you to hang out. How often do you ask them to hang out? There is nothing wrong with you making the request! The honestly may just be bad at making plans. I know I am one of those people who just forgets. Not because I don't like the person, but just because I am busy. And I am always so happy when they reach out to me to spend time with them. I am sure your friends will feel the same way!

But you can't just sit back and wait for people to notice you are lonely. You need to try to include yourself more, ask your friends to hang out, go see a movie or get coffee. And ask your boyfriend if you can spend time with him and his buddies.

I know it can be hard to make new friends too. But you can always try to meet new people. How about a couples sports league? That way you can go with your boyfriend and meet new people! Or take a class put on by the city! There are always exercise classes, art classes, all sorts of things put on by the city! You just need to practice putting yourself out there. And when you do things that you love, you will meet people that love those things too. And that is how friendships are born!

Interested in becoming a staff member? Feel free to PM me, or apply HERE!
::Teen Help Member Since 2006::
::Staff Member for ten years::
~Blessed Be~