View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

Re: Has anyone taken Physical Geology in College or equivalent (how did you study)? - June 30th 2016, 11:26 PM

Oh god, physical geology. You go into that class thinking it's just rocks, and then you realize that there's a heck of a lot more to it. I just finished that class and while I did manage to bring my grade up to an A in the end, it was the hardest class I've ever taken.

The first thing I had to do was talk to the professor, and I strongly suggest you do that too. I think your professor will understand that the material is not easy, and he may give you suggestions on how to improve your study skills or at least re-explain some things that you aren't really sure of.

Is ALL of the information on the review going to be on the test? My professor gave review sheets but they were basically just listing the concepts we should know, and she expected us to study based on that. We had to pull the important parts of the topics out of our lecture notes and textbooks, which may seem hard at first, but with practice you'll get there. Obviously it's important to know the concepts and it can help to try and pull the most important concepts out.

Studying with other people can also be a blessing. You have note cards, so if you're able to condense the information perhaps someone will be able to quiz you?

-Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive