View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59 Points: 172,204, Level: 59

Re: I feel so uncomfortable about dating - August 3rd 2016, 01:39 AM

I'm sorry that I don't have the best advice for you but you aren't stupid and you definitely aren't the only one who is in college and hasn't had "experience." I think that's the whole thing about college. It's a time where everyone is finding themselves in different ways and finding out what they like and don't like. Some people are even just discovering your identities. So I think you are less alone than what you think.

You said that you have mostly female friends and also feel uncomfortable around guys sometimes so I think that one place to start would be to meet more people, both on a friendship level and maybe even as something more. You can talk to people in your classes and join clubs, for example. If your school has an LGBT+ club this would be an excellent place to start because you know the people in the club know where you are coming from and don't judge.

And not everyone will be upset about it being your first time. I think that a lot of people actually would love to be your first, if that makes sense.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive