View Single Post
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Points: 15,053, Level: 17 Points: 15,053, Level: 17 Points: 15,053, Level: 17

Re: "My Bullied Son's Last Day on Earth" - April 26th 2009, 03:40 AM

I can't come up with a plausible solution at the moment because I just took some medication and it makes me feel all tired and stuff, but I do know that something should be done to stop bullying. This article really got to me because when I was in about grade 7 I was bullied extremely badly. The article also mentioned that the kid's mom complained to the school seven or eight times, and nothing was done. Similar situation... the schools don't do anything. I really hate it when people tell victims of bullying to just suck it up, because they don't know what it's like. Do you really know what it's like to have people you thought were your friends suddenly turn on you, tell you to go kill yourself? Have about a hundred kids trying to harass you, wrecking or stealing your things, sending emails, msn messages, etc. so even when you're not at school they bother you? Having no friends? It really triggered my depression, although apparently depression runs in my family. I'm actually a lot better now, but I feel really upset for victims of bullying, unless they deserve it. Sometimes you just have to beat someone up.

Anyway, what is the solution? First of all, people suck, to put it nicely. So the best solution would be stopping bullying before it starts, by teaching children to accept everyone. However, this isn't possible without a mass genocide of people who discriminate. While that would be fun, there are too many for me to kill without getting caught in my lifespan, and I doubt many people would be willing to help. Babies aren't born racist, sexist, etc. it's a taught belief. So eliminating discrimination would be ideal, but not practical because like forementioned, people suck.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding