View Single Post
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount43

Edit avatar

Re: The Post your Tattoos and Piercings picture thread. - April 26th 2009, 05:10 AM

I posted this in the religions thread to help explain my spirituality/beliefs, but I decided to post it here and explain it as well. Hope you guys don't mind.

This is a lotus flower with a Tibetan mantra on it. It's a hindu lesson that I thought was a very valuable lesson that everyone in life could learn from.

In actuality the lotus flower is a flower that grows on top of muddy and murky water and at night it closes and sinks to the bottom and by morning rises again and opens just as beautiful as the day before.

The lesson the hindu teach is to strive to be the lotus flower. That no matter how ugly and hard life can get, to always rise above your problems and remain as your true self. To not allow the murkiness of life taint your heart.

I'm not Hindu, and I don't believe in a god, but that's a very important lesson to me.

Also, I figured if I was going to get a tattoo I wanted something I could always learn from, like a reminder.
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.