View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26 Points: 33,884, Level: 26

Re: life changing decisions related to college and moving - September 17th 2016, 07:27 AM

Okay, I can see you're torn about the relationship situation, so I'm going to recommend that you not move across the country to be with him. Like you said, there's a chance it won't work and then you'd be stuck out here with very few people other than him. At least visit him a few times before you make a decision that big based on a guy.

If you have no idea what you want to do, you don't have to go to college at all right now. It's true that the longer you wait the harder it will be, but if you don't have a plan yet, it doesn't make much sense to go now either. You could go to get the basic stuff out of the way and/or get a job for now then decide after a year or so what you want to do. I know high school (and the rest of the world) pressures you to have it all figured out, but you absolutely don't have to. I had my life planned at 12 and then disaster struck. There are people who ended up doing things completely different than they planned or have degrees in because things change and life happens and you'll have to come up with a new plan.

Relationships are't my forte, but I've been to community college, private 4-year undergrad, and a public university for graduate school, and I've graduated and failed miserably so if you want to know anything about any of the educational stuff you can ask me.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.