GingerPop Offline
A kid living in a adult world.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Bethany

Points: 4,243, Level: 9 Points: 4,243, Level: 9 Points: 4,243, Level: 9

Re: I suck at school? - September 21st 2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merideth7 View Post
So I started school just a couple weeks ago, and I'm really concerned. Before I go too into detail I can't get tutoring. No one willing to take me, and I can't go on my own. I'm not allowed. So anyway, I'm taking Algebra 2, physics, English 3, and some other classes. Recently, I took a diagnostic test that was a kindergarten level (it was the only one available) I scored an 80% first time and 79% the second time....I honestly don't know why the hell this happened as I really tried and literally don't understand how I got a shit score on a KINDERGARTEN diagnostic test! On top of this, my teacher (a stereotypical nerd),asked me if the test was hard, jokingly I presume. I said "I dunno...." because I knew my score and he hadn't checked it yet. Then he just said "well the answer is no because you took a test at a kindergarten level." And then he said earlier how he'd make fun of people who failed the kindergarten level test. Also, physics is fucking weird. I study, I read, I do what my teachers tell me, I can't stay after school, but I do all I'm supposed to. I also complete my homework. I can't switch classes anymore. Why am I so stupid? Please help me, i've even tried looking online for educational videos that DO NOT HELP. I pay attention in class, i ask for help, i still don't understand why i don't get anything. Please help me, I HAVE to get good grades! I'm a junior and I need to work as hard as I can. Idk what to do. I'm really scared.
I am also a Junior and really have only been an average student since high school. This is my 2nd year of doing online school since having my baby in July of 2015 and some things are great and helpful with online school compared to regular school and other things are not. But back to you, somethings come harder to others than other people. Your nerdy teacher seems like an idiot because he/she should know that because they are educators and should know that some people have strengths in one area and not in others. Physics may be one of those classes that you may never fully grasp and that is O.K. I know you want to get good grades and everything,but still give it your 100% and participate in class and hopefully you can at least pull a C. You definitely seem to write well from your post so maybe your strength is writing and English. The main thing you need to do is to keep you head high and don't let idiot teachers bring you down. Do you have a School Guidance Counselor you could talk to about this cuz I think that might help some.Good Luck.