(#1 (permalink)) Old
obelus Offline
divided yet whole

I've been here a while

Name: Oliver
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35 Points: 59,995, Level: 35

Medication causes excessive tiredness. - October 7th 2016, 08:50 AM

Go me, I had an appointment with my psychiatrist yesterday and didn't bring this up. I'll bring it up next time, but since that is two months away from now I thought I'd ask you lovely people here.

One medication I take for my mental health is Tegretol (XR, which is possibly important). When I first started taking it last year I slept constantly. That wore off after a few weeks, for the most part.

This year we decreased the Tegretol in half because it was making me too much of a zombie emotionally (and I honestly usually slept through the second dose). Right now I feel much better emotionally compared to where I was. But I am so tired all the time. I can sleep for almost 24 hours if not longer after taking my medication. I used to have bad insomnia, but I don't need any sleep medication most of the time.

I'm thinking it might be from it being extended release and maybe taking the regular version would alleviate some of the drowsiness. Otherwise I've no clue why this side effect got worse after decreasing it. I will be discussing this with my doctor in December and will call her if I need to, but I was wondering if anyone here on TeenHelp has experienced this if they have taken it before.

Cheers, y'all.

“Peace is power”