View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Always * Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23 Points: 26,162, Level: 23

Re: Tv shows set in high school - October 15th 2016, 12:06 AM

Kate, you're totally right, I defs noticed it as I got older. When I was like 16/17 I was like "ok, teenagers don't act like this" and now I'm like urghhh the people act my age lol. But it's not even all the it. Sometimes they do act younger, but I think that that's because maturity isn't linear, he'll, I know 30 year olds who still have the collective maturity levels of a 19/20 year old college student but are mature I other ways and I know 16/17 year olds who are very mature in some ways and act like a normal teenager in others.

And yeah, Celyn, PLL is a big one for this, plus Aria and Exras relationship is considered statutory rape probably just about everywhere, and he's also really taking advantage of her. Don't get me wrong, I like aspects of their relationship because the PLL kids do act much older than they are supposed to be so it's really easy to forget how skeevy the high school student teacher relationship is. It gets less creepy when he's no longer a teacher but still, I can't pretend like I approve. If they had been a college student to prof I wouldn't have cared but I really don't want it to be normalized that kids can get with their teachers. Teacher's are typically my age (23 at the youngest) and it's really not ok for them to be viewing 14-17 year old students as dates. When he realized she was only like 15 then the relationship should've ended. But oh well, it's still one of my shows even if I take issue with that.

It's definitely something where I'm like "whatever, it's just TV" but sometimes if I've been watching a lot of a show that gets to unrealistic then I'm like "urghhh I've had about all I can fake of this" lol

Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat or have questions

Last edited by Always *; October 15th 2016 at 01:56 PM.