View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20 Points: 20,599, Level: 20

Re: 16, Never had a boyfriend - October 16th 2016, 05:11 AM

if you believe that no one will ever be interested in you, then yeah, no one will ever be interested in you.
it's amazing how much life really is mind over matter.
there's such a thing as a "self-fulfilling prophecy", in which if you truly believe something will never happen, it probably won't, because you'll subconsciously be dismissing anything related to it.

cool, huh?

likewise, if you remain optimistic and hopeful about something, it gives you a better chance of that thing happening.

listen... this the most real advice i can give you.
dating, sex, all that BS... that's all it is. BS. it's all so overrated at this age. for now, i personally just look at all of it as "practice" for the future, when i'm with someone i actually care about.

but i know that no matter how many people say it's not even worth it in high school, kids are still gonna do what they wanna do, they're still gonna want what they think they want.

SO, i do have to say that if you really do want to go out and seek a boyfriend... that's cool! go do that, and good luck with it!
but if you're searching for a soulmate and you're still insecure and have such low self esteem... you're either going to attract the complete wrong type of guy, or no guy at all.

one statement that has proven itself true time and time again is that "you have to love yourself before someone else can love you."
how are you supposed to show someone how awesome a person you are if you can't even see that for yourself?

for now, i'd recommend just working on yourself more. get to know yourself and find characteristics about you that you think make you great.
make a list of pros and cons, and work on those cons to better yourself.

one good question a teacher posed in class the other day was "why should somebody date you? what can you offer that would make them want to date you?"
and if your answer is "nothing, they won't want to date me", then yeah, you need to work on your self esteem, your self worth, and developing your personality more before you should even think about getting a boyfriend.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you