View Single Post
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Tv shows set in high school - October 16th 2016, 08:25 PM

A show that pops into my head that for me resembled a lot of what goes on for teen pregnancy. My Secret Life of an American Teenager.

It has teen issues that teens face, unwanted pregnancies, classes, drugs, alcohol, sex, etc., I only watched about the first season.

7th Heaven is another I can think of, having the parent a Minister/Pastor of the Church. Religion. I thought the show showed a lot of issues that arose.

Another is a show I watch every Sunday and it's a Canadian show called, Heartland. It shows emotions, problem solving, family issues, friendship issues, marriage, divorce, family managing a ranch, etc., it hold a lot of values and morals.

If we really wanted to see and watch what kids, teenagers, adults, elderly and how they act all the celebrity shows has it all, living their life, how they interact and shows the real true selves of real people.

TV shows and movies, are based on fantasy and aren't completely portraying each age range or have true facts, shows are meant for entertainment rather showing how others act. There is this new series on CBC called, This Is High school and it follows high school students and how they manage personal struggles while trying to achieve their grades. You can see the struggle each of them have, they also talk about it. I don't watch it, I've seen parts of it but it's very heartfelt and emotional from what I saw. 'Cause they are talking about real issues from high school students.