View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
eeba Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Esmé

Points: 5,650, Level: 11 Points: 5,650, Level: 11 Points: 5,650, Level: 11

Re: Emotionally Abusive Father, bullies at school - October 28th 2016, 02:47 AM

I am so sorry to hear about what you are going through.

Is there anyone in your school who would listen to you if you approached them about the bullies? Do you have a school counselor?

Have you tried standing up firmly to the bullies? I wouldn't recommend any physical violence, you are right about the consequences and it would probably just make things worse, but you could try getting tough with them with your words. Like just flat out say to them, "I don't have to take this from you anymore" and walk away. Maybe do this when there are other people around so you will feel safer.

One thing about bullies is that they feed on discomfort, so they will more likely continue to bother you if they can tell that it is getting to you. So even if it does hurt you, and it's completely understandable that it's bothering you, but try to act like it doesn't matter to you.

Know that you are better and stronger than these bullies, and they are probably bullying you because they feel bad about themselves. And that's their problem, so don't let them make you feel bad about yourself. Seriously, screw them, they're not worth your attention.

But I understand how you feel and I do hope that there is an adult in your life who you can go to about it. You mentioned your mother- maybe if the school won't listen to you, she could talk to them? No student should have to feel angry or upset or afraid to go to school because of how they are treated by other kids, it's horribly unfair.

As for your dad, I am so sorry that you have to deal with this on top of everything that is going on at school. Do you talk to your mother about the situation? What are her feelings? Is there any kind of family therapy or counseling you could look into?

I wish I could be more helpful, but know that we are here for you, feel free to message me any time you want someone to talk to.
Stay strong, thinking of you and wishing you all the best!

"All will be well when the day is done"
-Peter, Paul and Mary <3