Thread: Non-PG13: Nudity in college theatre
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Nudity in college theatre - October 29th 2016, 11:24 PM

I understand where the director is coming from. Sometimes in movies and shows there is nudity and I think it's part of their learning how to act and be comfortable in front of a camera nude. Some movies are strict on nudity and others there is nudity. There isn't anything wrong with showing nudity in show or movies it also depends on what type of target audience they are looking for.

I think when you're learning how to be an actor or actress this director is showing students that in their careers they may be asked to play parts but there is nudity. For the more intimate scenes the director is also teaching them what and how to play those parts nude. It's also a learning experience if they do feel they enjoy that aspect but later find out they don't, then they won't sign onto something knowing they don't like it, if they do then they will know for sure.

Although it might seem really outrageous but I see it as a learning experience for the new actors and actresses in their careers they need to be aware of those parts and if they've never had experience then they may not know how to play those parts and if they don't want to do any nudity in shows or movies then that is completely fine too. Not every show and movie has nudity.

I hope this makes sense.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator