View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ThisWillDestroyYou Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: Is it any different being addicted to drugs or gay? Really a sin is a sin right? - October 30th 2016, 12:56 AM

Depends on who you ask based on their religion, denomination, and interpretation of the bible. To be honest, I feel that if these things were sins, they'd explicitly state it. However, coincidentally both Christians and Muslims rely on an ancient text to dictate morality. If you don't see the problem with this read the Old Testament, specifically Deuteronomy, and you'll see using a book to determine morality really presents an issue. It doesn't keep up with the times, and its really subjective to how someone interprets it.

Personally, I don't see why a deity would considering having an attraction to one sex or another a "sin." Likewise with drugs. The whole idea seems a little weird to me. But I get it's what some people believe. I just imagine a deity would have more interesting/prominent things to dwell over than what 1 individual out of the tens of billions of humans on one measly little habitable planet out of the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets in our observable Universe, within the 100 billions of galaxies, of an potentially infinite multiverse. I don't see why such a deity would get his panties all waded up, so-to-speak, over something so miniscule. (Essentially think of it this way, do you really care if some ant, somewhere in the world is gay or doing the mamba with its lover?)

Anyways, I know I probably ranted more than answered your question, but I hope my point gets through to you. Don't worry so much about pleasing something that may or may not be out there. Worry about living your life. You only get one shot at it. Be the best you can be, love the best you can, and do the best you do. If you do that, I'm not sure why any deity would punish you.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan