Thread: Triggering: College and Depression
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23 Points: 26,047, Level: 23

College and Depression - October 30th 2016, 12:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've noticed that since I went to college, my depression and all the issues that go along with it skyrocketed. I was unable to make friends, lost all my friends including my best friend, lived in isolation because I had no roommate, and struggled with classes. Somehow I've gotten through until now (junior year), but every day is still a struggle. I still haven't made any friends; I've just become closer friends with people from my high school who ended up at the same college. I still struggle in "that one class" every semester, which ruins my gpa and causes so much stress that I feel like I'm just surviving day by day a lot of the time. I generally enjoy the classes in my majors, but with biology being one of the majors, I'm also required to take a lot of chemistry and physics, which is what always throws me over the edge. I try to practice guitar and do yoga, which both help a lot, but sometimes it's hard to get myself to do those when I'm completely out of energy from doing just the things I have to do to get by. Can anyone else relate?

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.