Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Screaming thread.
View Single Post
  (#3641 (permalink)) Old
Haunted Offline
STAR GAZER
Average Joe

Name: Serena

Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14 Points: 10,133, Level: 14

Re: Screaming thread. - November 29th 2016, 08:57 AM

you know what?
as soon as my therapist calls to tell me when I can see her, I'm never bringing up anxiety to anyone ever again.
because my best friend says it's normal.
my mother says it happens to her too.
my father says i need to get over it.
my aunt says i shouldn't care about what people think.
my cousin says it's stupid.
and I am tired.
nd it's not even anxiety that's tiring me, it's my surroundings, because feeling anxious every once in a while because you're doing something you've never done before is 100% ok normal and it'll go away as soon as you get used to it. but being scared of 80% of your everyday activities isn't normal and don't ever fucking dare tell me that it'll go away. how come i was diagnosed with it and yet nobody fucking believes me when I say that what I feel isn't normal?
fine, from now on Serena doesn't have anxiety anymore, she's just a little nervous when she drives, or answers the phone, or makes a phone call, or texts first, or replies to a text, or sends an email, or replies to an email, or goes to a shop, or wanders around town, or speaks with an acquaintance, or makes eye contact with a stranger, or writes a post on her blog, or listens to music out loud, or watches a video without headphones, or sings in the shower...

MONACHOPSIS
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place, as maladapted to your surroundings as a seal on a beach—lumbering, clumsy, easily distracted, huddled in the company of other misfits, unable to recognize the ambient roar of your intended habitat, in which you’d be fluidly, brilliantly, effortlessly at home.