Thread: Triggering (ED): Changes to my period?
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Changes to my period? - December 14th 2016, 10:39 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So I've been struggling with my eating disorder (my official diagnosis is EDNOS) for several weeks now. I've been restricting every day and have tried purging a couple of times. About a year and a half ago I had the Mirena IUD put in to replace the Paraguard I had, which was giving me horrible cramps and heavy periods each month, sometimes more than once in a month. I had very light periods for a couple of months but then they stopped completely. However, this week I noticed some light spotting. I had it for a day or two and then it stopped for several days, then today I had light spotting again. I'm very confused. I thought eating disorders stopped your period, not started it. Is this even related to my eating disorder? That's the only change I've made in my life so I can't think of what else might cause me to start having light periods again. If anyone has any information or advice I'd really appreciate it.