View Single Post
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
hocus pocus Offline
Feline the love.

TeenHelp Addict

Pronouns: She/her

Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49 Points: 120,700, Level: 49

Re: I if I wasn't really raped what happened to me? - December 30th 2016, 01:32 AM

Hi,

I have only skimmed through these other replies, and I see you've been given some great advice. Apologies if I am a little repetitive, though.

Though the terms and laws around rape and abuse may define it one way or another through a legal standpoint, it is important to identify it for yourself. Yes, legally, what you have experienced is rape. And as it has been said, rape does not always have to be violent or upsetting. However, you said you're uncomfortable with the term "rape." If you're uncomfortable with that, use a word you feel more comfortable using instead.

Denial is something a lot of survivors experience. I am not saying you are in denial; what I want to say, is that you may want to consider keeping note of your feelings over time to ensure that you are calling your experiences what you are for the right reasons, (because you want to) rather than doing it as a way to invalidate yourself.

This is your experience so you should define it and work through it based on how you feel about it. How you feel and what you want to define it as may change over time as well.

If clarity's in death, then why won't this die?
Years of tearing down our banners, you and I
Living for the thrill of hitting you where it hurts
Give me back my girlhood, it was mine first

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1265306 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!