Thread: Triggering (Suicide): I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE! LIFE ISN'T WORTH IT!
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount16

Edit avatar

Re: I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE! LIFE ISN'T WORTH IT! - January 13th 2017, 04:56 AM

Hi, Cerrina!

Firstly, welcome to TeenHelp! I'm Ellie, and I'm very sorry to hear you're having such a hard time. Feeling emptiness and darkness, along with dealing with hurtful events in life. I'm so sorry for your loss as well. Pets start to become family instead of just an animal, and it can be incredibly difficult to lose them. You may have lost your cat but you didn't lose the sweet memories and experiences. You loved and still do love your cat and that sweet cat will live on in your heart. I still remember and value all my pets, even the ones I've lost 10+ years ago. Each pet is an individual and leaves an impact on you.

Can I ask what your cat's name was? I realize it may be difficult to talk about but talking about it may help a lot, even just stories and memories with your cat. If you want to talk about him/her, I'm happy to listen. I like hearing about pets and people's experiences with their pets. Remember, it's okay to feel what you're feeling and grieve. Your cat meant a lot to you so it isn't strange to feel this way, but I know it's hard so it's important to allow yourself to process the feelings that come along.

Is there anyone close to you that you can open up to for support? Dealing with all the feelings and struggles alone can be hard, and you deserve to have support. Simple support and being able to let it out can be helpful all on its own. Speaking of, finding creative outlets can be therapeutic such as journaling. You can dedicate a poem, song or story to your cat, and write others to express your feelings.

When people around you inquire about memories and open up old wounds, when it still hurts/affects you, it can be really upsetting. While your past is a sensitive topic for you, my theory is that your teacher feels putting thought into writing a paper and opening up about it that it'd help you come to terms with your past and heal. Even though it is in the past, it seems to still be affecting you and your teacher likely picked up on that.

Remember that while you loved your cat, your cat loved you too. Remember that he/she would want you to survive by holding on. Our pets are protective of us, and want us to stay safe. I understand you must be hurting deeply to see death as preferable but suicide isn't the answer. You've going through a dark time and yes, there will be difficult times to come in the future, but it will always get better. There's always gonna be better days and better things to come after the storm, you know? The best moments, experiences and parts of life are worth holding on for.

Take care and hold on. You can do this.