Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Just want it to go away, and STOP!
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Just want it to go away, and STOP! - January 16th 2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3L View Post
I'm already way too overwhelmed with feelings I don't understand and emotions I don't know how to express our handle.
Sorry you are going through such a hard time.

Do you have a diagnosis? Depression? Bipolar? Schizophrenia? Has anyone mentioned any of these? What would prompt your mom to send you to a psych ward?

Psych ward really isn't for "crazy" people. It's for people with one of the above 3 problems (or other similar problems). It's like any other body illness. Since I'm a peer who has been through it all, I now visit patients in the psych ward every week. Being a peer helps me understand them as people. If you've never visited one then it's understandable you may imagine the worst.

Anyway, so your mum tried to put you in a psych ward. I assume that means she thinks something is wrong and bad enough she wanted you to go there. There are outpatient options too. You could just go see a doctor.

Then, if I understand, your mom flew you to California to live with your aunt and uncle and 2 cousins. What motivated her decision to do that? Is there something in California she thinks will help you?

I see your mom missed your birthday, from which I can deduce she doesn't have the SJ Guardian personality type (see http://www.keirsey.com), but you possibly do, because birthdays and other special days are important to SJ Guardians.

I see you had high grades, but don't like feelings, or have feelings you don't understand and emotions you don't know how to deal with. This combination makes me suspect possibly Asperger's Syndrome, or High Functioning Autism. Has anyone ever suggested either of those diagnosis? You could research that and see if it fits. I don't know you well enough to be sure, these are just guesses based on what I can gleen from your writing.

When you talk with someone, do you tend to look at their eyes or their mouth?

Do you see information in other peoples eyes?

Are you good at small talk? Do you meet new people easily? Are you a Social Butterfly? Did other children in elementary school say you were weird and stupid, which didn't make any sense because you were very bright academically? Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted?

Sorry that's everything I can think of right now without more details about you. Your writing seems clear and coherent. I don't yet detect any possible depression or schizophrenia. Can you identify any of these feelings or emotions you are having?

There's a book titled, Emotions! Making Sense of Your Feelings by Mary C. Lamia that may help.

Some short guided meditations may help if you can continue doing them for at least 2 weeks. (e.g. Headspace Meditation app)
If you can tell me a little more I may get a better understanding.