View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Trickmatic Offline
-
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: A world with so few friends... - April 28th 2009, 02:05 PM

Hey Kyle,

It takes amazing strength to share your story after all the emotions you have been through.

Fights, they do happen in relationships of any sorts, and sometimes it seems like it is bound to happen no matter what.
Sometimes, friendships can get into a rut where conversation does get stale. I would suggest though that you do try to talk to her again. Try admitting both of your faults, but mostly yours in order for her to see you've wronged. Whether or not you feel that the fights were your fault or not, I think it is a good idea for her to see you are willing to admit faults in yourself.

Depending on how close the friendship is, I would suggest that maybe writing a personal letter to her about your faults and just her good qualities would help the situation out. You'd be able to get your message across without having as many emotions as you would in a face-to-face conversation, if you feel that you aren't confident in handling a stable conversation with her. Don't put the idea in her mind that you are going to lose her. It sets doubt and negative thoughts. Instead just tell good things about the friendship you two have now. Don't question her actions, like her being kind and caring. That will just set off signals that there is not as much trust. Believe in the friendship as much as you can.

As for other friendships, I do agree that getting active is a great way to put in positivity in your life. Is there anything within a school that you could do? Try to also find some activities that you could take up to bring positivity. Like looking up history of something you've always been interested, new languages, etc. It usually does help, even if it is for a short time.

Also, just do what you think is best for yourself. If this friendship means a lot to you, then I would say calm conversation is the way to go. Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with, if you think it will leads to more arguing, and it may lead to more heated arguments.

I hope I've been of help. If you need anything, you can always PM me. Hope it gets better :]

- Vincent