View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22 Points: 25,205, Level: 22

Re: Watching Football = Anxiety? - February 8th 2017, 07:15 PM

My username is based on my love of the University of Michigan's football program.
In my opinion, the anxiety is the best part of the game. It gets you invested, and when you win, you get an awesome sense of euphoria. I was rooting for the Patriots because Tom Brady went to Michigan, so I got that euphoria. But even with losing, the crushing disappointment that comes with it makes all victories after that better. Winning all the time would be boring. I'd stop watching if Michigan always won. Sports arent about protecting anyones feelings, its about competing and becoming a champion. You can't do that if everyone is being nice and handing out participation trophies. That's no excuse for bad sportsmanship of course, but as an athlete and former football player, nothing is more fulfilling than victory.
I did feel bad for the Falcons. Tom Brady already won 4 times, the Falcons have never won, and Atlanta generally has bad sports teams. And also, every football player dreams of winning the Super Bowl, not blowing a massive lead and letting down everyone. However, the greatest football player of all time went to MY school. I definitely had a horse in this race.