View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Almalutz Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 3,670, Level: 9 Points: 3,670, Level: 9 Points: 3,670, Level: 9

Re: Social anxiety,feel depressed,exhausted - February 9th 2017, 05:35 AM

Self care. Don't push yourself to barrel through social activities (when you aren't forced to by circumstances). Practice taking time-outs. And when you know you have a difficult social thing you need to do, plan ahead. Bring stuff that calms you down (for me that's often knitting). Before and after the activity do something that makes you feel good. For me that is often visiting a favorite bookstore, having a tea in a cafe I love, writing, making silly art, etc. And sleep, drink water, exercise, and eat. All of these things help ensure that your body is running smoothly so you can best handle stress. Finally, be kind to yourself. You are wired to be more sensitive to things than others, so what is exhausting for you will never be the same as the average person. Listen to your body and take care of yourself.

It wasn’t long ago that very few people had heard the term "cognitive - behavioral therapy." With the outpouring of research in the 1980s, and the studies on anxiety disorders that were published in the 1990s, the term "cognitive – behavioral therapy", or CBT, gained acceptance and became well known. But even though the term itself became well known, just what "cognitive- behavioral therapy" involved was less well understood.

Meanwhile, in study after study, cognitive – behavioral therapy began to prove to be the therapy of choice for many mental health care problems, including depression and the anxiety disorders. You can also go for Therapy and counseling for the same.