View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Skyline Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Skye

Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15 Points: 11,420, Level: 15

Re: another case of overthinking minor details... (defining our relationship? how to act in school?) - February 15th 2017, 05:37 PM

Thanks for your replies! As you all suggested I plan to ask him simply what he would be comfortable with at school and go with whatever he says.

However! About the "is he my boyfriend" issue, I feel like I need to clarify a few things just so you can better understand where I'm coming from. So here are some things which might be useful to know: 1- he has barely any relationship experience, and has never properly dated anyone; he was forced into things by friends in primary school with girls he didn't know but that's all, so he's never had anything exactly meaningful in terms of romance. Therefore I imagine that any kind of "action" (hand holding, kissing, etc.) is likely more significant to him than it would be to someone who sort of dates around. 2- he invited me over to his house, I had lunch with his parents... which seems significant enough to me. (and they all knew my name so he told them about me beforehand).

I really hope this doesn't sound self-centered lmao but part of me is wondering... what if -- given that he has little experience with romance and may be a bit naive with that stuff -- he just assumes that we're "together", because that's what you see in movies and that's the mainstream romantic view? I'm torn between "what if he already assumes we're 'together' and me asking him if we're together will hurt him because he thought I was just as certain of our togetherness as he was" and "what if he's taken aback because there's no way he would consider us as 'together' at this point and me asking him makes him feel pressured?"

it's kinda ridiculous but yeah that's where my mind is going.

"You shall love your crooked neighbour / with your crooked heart."