Thread: School project
View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: School project - February 15th 2017, 09:47 PM

Are you Diagnosed with an Eating disorder? Yes.
If so what are you diagnosed with? EDNOS.
If not what eating disorder do you think you fit the most? N/A
Do you have any other mental health issues(Diagnoses)? Yes.
If so what are they? Bipolar Disorder Type I, BPD, OCD, and Anxiety.
Do you self-harm? Yes.
If so what age did you start? 15.
was it because of your eating disorder? No. I didn't struggle with eating then.

What age did your eating disorder start? 15.
How old are you know? 26.
How many years have you struggled? 11.
How does it interfere with your life or how did it interfere with your life? I'm unable to really eat in front of or around other people. I exercise to the point of exhaustion and the point of self-harm (in that I have a mobility issue I stress too much, which could make it worse). I have to excuse myself to purge and it feels really overwhelming and lonely. Physically I experience symptoms such as shakiness, low heart rate, low blood pressure, dizzy spells, and irritability.

What does your eating disorder do for you or what did it do? It helps me feel like I have a sense of control over myself when so much of the time I feel out of control. It helps me lose weight, which is something I want and something other people support me in. When it comes to compulsive eating food is comforting and a way I self-soothe.
Have you been in treatment for eating disorders? Yes.
If so how many times? Once- it was an outpatient DBT group centered on ED.
Did it seems to help you? No.
Are you in therapy for your eating disorder? Kind of. I've talked with my individual therapists about my disorder but I am fixing to go to a higher level of treatment to help deal with my disorder.
If so what exactly is your game plan? I don't really have one.
Do you want recovery? Not really.
What would recovery look like for you? Probably developing a healthy relationship with food and a way to lose weight without engaging in destructive habits. It would also probably include having a positive body image and treating my body more kindly.