View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,477, Level: 27 Points: 35,477, Level: 27 Points: 35,477, Level: 27

Re: another case of overthinking minor details... (defining our relationship? how to act in school?) - February 16th 2017, 11:56 PM

Hi,

I am glad that some of our replies helped and I hope asking him solves some of the confusion you are facing right now.

Coming to the next part, I understand what you are saying about his past and how it could change things for you. Yes, there is a possibility that he thinks you are already together and there is still the possibility that he doesn't. I went through something similar back in high school and I did the most cliched thing possible. I asked him, "So, my friend P was asking me if you were my boyfriend. I haven't really told us much about her much so I wanted to ask you what I should say." He knew P wasn't a very close friend and he thought I was asking him to make sure if I can tell others apart from close friends. The truth was I asked him because I really need to know for myself.

You could try something along those lines. You could also ask him what you should introduce him to your school friends as. Do you say friend, boyfriend or do you just say his name? You can stress on the fact that you don't want him to be uncomfortable and that is why you are asking him all this. I am sure he will understand.

I am not sure how helpful this is but when I was in your situation I pretty much did things instinctively and asked whatever questions came to my mind. It worked for me somehow and I hope it works for you too.

Let us know how things turn out, okay? Good luck. <3

Kav.