View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11

Re: Prescription Med Addiction - February 18th 2017, 05:58 AM

I haven't any suggestions, only my own experience to offer.

I used to take ativan and a sleeping pill (Lunesta) together, because it always worked.

Then I decided it was a bad idea to mix them, because the combo always worked, perhaps a little too well.

Also someone close to me accidentally died mixing too many medications together, that probably shouldn't have been taken together. I'm sure that has altered my opinion on mixing meds.

I learned to stay completely away from caffeine and chocolate, as even a little bit during the day to help keep me awake just ruined my chances of sleeping that night, a which made me even more tired the next day, making me want more caffeine to stay awake, etc.

I don't know of anything that can deal with a manic phase.

I do believe in the power of the placebo. I think they should market those things. I'm wondering if maybe the part of the brain that knows it's a placebo, isn't the part of the brain I want to trick, then maybe I can trick my brain anyway.

Maybe like Pavlov's dogs, I could ring a bell just before going to bed, and maybe eventually my brain will learn to get tired when I ring that bell. Or substitute any ritual for bell.