View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39 Points: 77,763, Level: 39

Re: Lunches for work - March 21st 2017, 02:09 PM

I'm vegan so you can obviously add stuff I don't, but lunches I've been packing usually include some kind of starch such as rice, couscous, or occasionally quinoa (it's not environmentally friendly so I try not to buy it), some kind of vegetables which can really be anything like a salad, or baked sweet potatoes, or a stir fry, and then a fruit. I have a bento box which has one big compartment, and two small ones which is handy so I can keep everything together.

Yesterday I brought fried rice, steamed broccoli, and apple slices. Today I'm bringing a kale salad, some baked sweet potato with cinnamon, and some fresh summer rolls I made myself. I find it helpful to use my big rice cooker and make a big pot of rice that will last me a few days, and then I also cook some dried beans in my slow cooker for the week, but you can used canned if you like beans. And then I just pick up a few vegetables to include as well. As for fruits, I usually eat bananas or apples because they are cheaper. Sometimes grapes. Cooking bigger portions of simple foods like plain rice can also help for making quicker dinners when you get home.

I always recommend Pinterest for meal ideas, that's what I used in my transition to being vegan and it was really helpful. I still use it for meal ideas, and I'm sure you can search for lunch ideas for work on there.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor