View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I've been here a while

Points: 35,456, Level: 27 Points: 35,456, Level: 27 Points: 35,456, Level: 27

Re: boyfriend hit me - March 29th 2017, 12:50 AM

Hey,

I know how hard it must be for you to come to terms with this. There is nothing worse than someone we trust turning abusive and not showing any remorse about it. I don't blame you for not reporting him to the police. You did what most people in this situation would do, get away from him and go to a safe place.

My ex was abusive and I thought it was a phase but the truth it is if a person is abusive once they can be abusive again. We can't be sure it was a one time incident. I did the mistake of going back to him and giving him a second chance and it turned into a cycle of routine until I walked out of the relationship. I don't want you to go out of your way to confront him to gather evidence. Like Holly said, the bruises and the texts you exchanged with him are evidence to this incident. I don't want you to put yourself in danger by confronting him in order to gather evidence. Also, if he chooses to contact you over the next few days, I'd suggest recording your conversations so if he does get abusive, you will have evidence.

I understand how difficult it is to accept something like this. You went through something that no one deserves to go through. I'd suggest doing something to make yourself feel better like watch a movie, read a book or spend time with friends. I don't know how close by the two of you live but if you feel that you are in danger, I'd suggest opening up to a friend or relative and being around someone so you feel safe.

I hope things get better for you. Take care.
Kav.