View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount39

Edit avatar

Re: I've been trying so hard to start a team at my school... - April 7th 2017, 04:46 PM

Hey there Arion!

First off, it's awesome that you're doing this! I know how tricky it is to start a new organization or club at school, so kudos to you for pursuing something that you love to do!

To recruit students you should try putting up flyers around school, making an announcement (if possible), or putting information in your school's newspaper or newsletter. Sometimes it can be hard to get others involved just because they simply don't know about it! Another idea that could help you grow the club is to recruit students who will be coming to your school next year (such as the incoming freshman!). They're often looking for ways to get involved and you can emphasize the fact that they're going to not only be a member of this team, but get to help build it from the ground up!

As for finding another teacher to sponsor this team I don't think it would be considered rude to turn to another if the turn out would be better. If you're worried about it, maybe talk to the teacher who has agreed to sponsor you and ask if she'd be all right with having a co-sponsor, and take it from there. It can be helpful to have multiple perspectives, and sometimes different personalities just click. If you explain to the current sponsor that you truly believe it'd be best for the team, I don't think that she would be offended by finding another sponsor.

Best of luck!

Erin