View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: A little lost, a little sore, and a lot of depresssion. - April 26th 2017, 03:19 PM

You said you feel alive from self-harming and that is probably due to the chemicals that are released into your brain. When someone self-harms, endorphins, or "feel good" chemicals are released into your brain and they give you a temporary high. If you are interested, there are other ways to release endorphins such as through exercise, listening to music, or eating a little bit of chocolate.

Whether or not you hide self-harm is a personal decision, though I do think it may help to consider the fact that people aren't saying anything doesn't mean that they don't care. They probably do care, but they most likely don't know what to say to help you. That feeling of wanting someone to notice, to help you, can be intense but relying on someone to notice may not help you in the way you're looking for.

You said you'd tell your friends but you don't have any. Would you consider telling your parents? You mentioned you don't have much of a relationship with them, but if you want to work on that relationship, confiding in them could be a good start.

Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

They whispered to her
you cannot withstand the storm
she whispered back
i am the storm.