View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
CrystalJade Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17 Points: 14,857, Level: 17

I can't believe I'm facing this in College. - May 11th 2017, 04:27 PM

I'm in college and it's all been pretty good so far, people have left me alone and not been mean, until this semester that is. I'm in an anatomy and physiology class that will soon be over and I went out one night with 2 of my classmates. I'm friends with one still but the other one withdrew from me that night and has been mean.

One example is, I asked to join a study group as I was struggling with the tests and they reluctantly agreed to let me come, something came up and I couldn't make it, but every since then they are dead silent about their study groups. Then the one girl I went out with before asks me every single time we have a test what grade I got and then doesn't talk to me again until the next one, I've stopped telling her my grades as it's none of her business. It's like some weird satisfaction she gets if I do poorly. I took the TEAS test for nursing just this week and did well on it, so I told her that grade and she just looked disappointed and said "oh....".

Then in class if she or the girl that sits next to her ask a question and I try to help, they completely ignore me. I know this material, I just can't test worth anything. I also have a full schedule of College Algebra, Developmental Psychology, and CPR/First aid on top of A&P. I'm not even failing A&P! I also have A's in two of the other classes and a B in College Alg! I'm not stupid, I'm overwhelmed and I'm sick of being treated like I am stupid.

It got really bad about a month ago because I was extremely depressed and they just made it worse with this behavior.

Then last night was the tipping point for me... The two girls passed a note around the table asking people to go out with them after class. The guy that I also went out with (along with that mean girl) is friends with me and was going to pass the note to me but the girls were freaking out. Before this they were laughing as they were passing the note back and forth between each other.

After class my friend asked me if I was going and I was told him I wasn't invited. He said he won't go then either. I let it eat at me though, and I texted the girl after I got home asking how the party was. She didn't respond so I said: "well, I mean, since you don't want to tell me, don't party too hard. Thanks by the way, I won't play that girl b.s. though. So just wanted to be straight up with you. Good luck."

She responded finally: "It's not a party, we just went out with our study group. We're at ***** and you're welcome to come if you want."

I said: "No. I'm not welcome because it wouldn't have been a secret note passed around if I was. I saw all of that and I have no interest in hanging out with people that want to be like that. I'm a very open and honest person and if you have any issues with me, then tell me. The only reason you're inviting me now is because I called you out."

She didn't respond. But I find it funny that she claims it was just the study group. Oh, the study group I for some reason couldn't be part of. I know I shouldn't let this bother me, but it does. It's not even about not being invited out, it's how it was all done and everything leading up to this. I'm also mad I gave them the power to make me feel bad. Now I just can't help but wonder what it is about me that I can't make friends.