Thread: Triggering: Trouble taking medication
View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11 Points: 5,755, Level: 11

Re: Trouble taking medication - May 27th 2017, 08:35 AM

Perhaps the doctor can give you an injection instead.

Or perhaps there's a clinic you can go to where they can administer the medication to you every day. Even if it's in pill form, the act of going to the clinic may have a positive psychological effect, especially if you get to see someone very friendly there, who gives you your medication, and interacts with you a little. Just a little human interaction each day may have a very beneficial effect (and may even enhance the antibiotic effect by elevating your mood).

[Now if the clinic nurse is a curmudgeon, well, I don't know, maybe it will still work. I haven't seen any scientific studies on friendly nurses vs.
curmudgeon nurses. Actually I haven't seen any scientific studies at all. I'm not a scientist. Who knows. Maybe you could give it a try and let us know which one works better ]

You can ask a pharmacist if the antibiotic comes in other forms. Or ask the doctor. Or ask a nurse. There are numerous antibiotics in numerous forms. Doctors just chose one, often based on insurance, or on how many times a day they think you can handle taking a pill. Maybe there's a patch you can stick on your arm.