.Brittany. Offline
Article Editor

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36 Points: 63,002, Level: 36

Re: Caffeine addiction. - June 10th 2017, 05:45 PM

Hi there!

Unfortunately, caffeine can be considered a drug as it stimulates your nervous system, just like most drugs do. That is when it makes you feel awake and that you have a ton of energy. As you mentioned, soft drinks and most types of tea does have caffeine in it. That's how I get my caffeine too, however, I usually only drink caffeine free tea. I highly recommend that you try this, as there isn't really a difference in taste, so your body might not even realize it.

Soft drinks have so many negative effects on your body. I can't really say much as I drink it as well. However, I have been trying to switch over to drinking water.

As mentioned above, energy drinks can also be very bad for you. They make your heart race which could cause dangerous effects including heart attacks. A few years ago, I was drinking Jager Bombs, which has red bull in it. I got so sick to the point where I passed out. There's many stories in the news about people who drank red bull/monster and had a lot of negative side effects.

I hope this helps!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

Article Editor
Social Media Guru|Live Help Mentor|HelpLINK Mentor
Chat Moderator|Forum Moderator(Young at Heart)