Thread: Stuck
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Stuck - June 17th 2017, 06:00 PM

I don't have much to add but I do know what it's like to feel frustrated when you haven't done much since leaving school. Try not to compare yourself to your best friend and though you may feel desperate to do something, take your time and think things through first, rather than acting on the anxiety.

Have you talked to your therapist about your anxiety and agoraphobia? I'm wondering if it may help a bit by working through the anxiety as well so that the prospect of going back into education or catching buses isn't so daunting. It may take time, but I'm sure it will be worth it!

It's interesting that you say things to please your therapist or avoid certain topics because you feel nothing will help you deal with them. I'm wondering if you would feel comfortable discussing the fact that you avoid certain things with your therapist? Remember that therapy is a place for you to talk about the things that concern you; even if your therapist can't help much, it is still good to get things off your chest!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!