Thread: Triggering (Suicide): Lonely.
View Single Post
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Storyteller. Offline
Spite and coffee.

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Charlie
Pronouns: they/them

Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46 Points: 106,677, Level: 46

Re: Lonely. - June 22nd 2017, 06:44 AM

Being an animal rights activist is definitely a worthwhile pursuit, and it sounds like it could help you to feel fulfilled. Now you just have to figure out how to go about it. Are there any animal shelters nearby or causes you can get involved in? A lot of charities to do with animals are almost always on the lookout for volunteers so that's a good place to start.

Reading can be a great way to either distract yourself or help you work through your feelings. I find that sometimes there will be a certain storyline or character that resonates with me, and when I stop to think about it I can discover things about myself or my situation that I wouldn't necessarily have thought of before.

It's okay to miss "her", as long as you don't put your life on hold waiting for her to come back. You can miss someone even with the knowledge that they're gone for good or that they can't be in your life at the moment for whatever reason, and not have it be a negative feeling. It's how you deal with it that matters, and the important thing is to not let this longing stop you from living your life.

"Love means never having to say
you're a werewolf."
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1287350 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!