Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Period weight gain?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount69

Edit avatar

Re: Period weight gain? - June 29th 2017, 07:17 AM

It sounds like your mom has a very unhealthy mindset about weight. The fact that she said "You ruined" yourself is quite a damaging concept. It seems to me like it is very likely that your mom is exaggerating your weight gain for some reason...possibly due to her own issues regarding weight.

The best suggestion I can make is that you try and ignore your mom and embrace yourself as you are. There are always going to be people who try and bring you down. I know how hurtful it can be when the person bringing you down is your mom but from experience you have to kind of learn to brush it off and remind yourself that other people's opinion of your body do not matter.

Also, you period can add a bit of weight due to a number of factors. I can't post weight numbers but there have been times when I've been on my period that I've gained quite a bit of weight and I freaked out. Once my period ended I lost most of the weight (if not all of it). I also think it's important to note that there are a lot of people who eat unhealthily and even bigger amounts while they are going to start or are on there period. For me, it would switch between me having cravings and wanting to eat a lot to not wanting to eat much at all.

Best of luck and if you need anything feel free to message me.